Olive Branch Christian Church is one of the oldest Disciples of Christ congregations in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Twenty people met at Hill Pleasant Farm in 1833 to gather as “Disciples of Christ”.
The original church building was constructed in 1835 on land donated by Dr. Charles Hubbard and Mary Henley. The original brick building was added to in 1917 and 1925 and continues in use today. The annex was built in 1974 to house offices, classroom a nursery, and fellowship hall. Olive Branch celebrated its 175th anniversary in 2008.
During the War between the States, Union soldiers used Olive Branch as an outstation. Cavalrymen slept in the galley and used the sanctuary as a stable for their horses. The communion service was carried away, the pews and flooring used for fuel, and the windows were broken. The congregation worshiped in the Farthing house until 1866, when the church was restored to usable condition.
With that exception, Olive Branch Christian Church has been in continuous use since its construction. In 1917, the church received $500 from the Federal Government for damages.